Thursday, December 9, 2010

Handmade Christmas decoration swap

Finally I managed to get my decorations packed into their wee fabric bags
Complete with a matching card
Think my peeps will get the idea that I am decorating my home in a Kiwiana/Pacifica theme, seeing as how we do live in the Southern hemisphere. Hope they like the wee ornament I have made them as it is quite different from the ones I have received.
So they should be sitting in letterboxes ready to be collected
I loved being able to reuse this flax look wrapping paper - it suited the theme so well:)
I have received some lovely little decorations from some of the ladies in the group.
This lovely one from Dione who is also the swap organiser. How did she know that I am a bit of a doily collector!!!!!! I have already hung it on the inspiration noticeboard in my sewing room along with 
this one! Isn't it just the sweetest wee thing? I really love the genuine old cotton crochet and tatting, along with the old linen and cotton doilies. I imagine one day turning them into some fabulous quilt... one day! These two sweet deco's came from Miriam - and a wee friend just loved the "birdy".
Then in the post came this fun envelope made from a children's book page
And inside was this delicate vintage fabric stocking from Gabrielle which had a vintage button - yet another thing I have a collection of!!!

But still more to come! This Christmas Fairy appeared in my mail box - 
bearing a lovely Kiwi Christmas message
and when I unwrapped the lovely Christmassy fabric this chappy emerged...
Isn't he just so fabulous? I can't believe how much work Gilly put into this guy but he is going to have some buddies when he joins the pukeko and kiwi I am making from felt to hang up as Christmas decorations. We figured he will be our 'ruru' or morepork:)
SO a big thankyou to my swap peeps - one yet to come - but they are all just lovely in their individual ways.
Ciao,

3 comments:

  1. Holy wow, those are all awesome! I love the owl one the most. (And I'm very impressed with your presentation!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't they great Emma. And thanks for your comment re my 'wrapping' - it was great fun to tie it all together .... wait 'til you see what's inside!!!

    ReplyDelete