Saturday, October 9, 2010

A 1930's pretty - so not like me!

Take about 30 of these blocks, started in a swap oh..... well lets say quite a few years ago...
Now, I vaguely remember having a brief moment in my life when I must've thought "gee, those 1930's fabrics are quite pretty".
And they are quite sweet, but you know over time our tastes change, and if you saw me now you would think - whoaaaaaa these blocks must belong to someone else!!!!!!! Me, who has a kitchen painted in lime green, orange and turquoise, and drives a bright yellow VW!!!!!
BUT I am on a bit of a mission to try to complete some of my UFO's, and also to use fabrics in my stash so over this week while I have been staying with my quilting buddy Sam I worked on putting these blocks together.
This is what I have done so far...
This is about largish lap size and will be just right for my fave aunty who turned 80 a couple of weeks ago. She has always had the most fantastic garden, and this reminds me of the freshness of it, with all the lovely mix of colours. The open spaces of white will give me an opportunity for some free motion quilting - will have to think of what to do now.
However, I am still left with 21 blocks!!!!!!!!!!
Mmmmmm....... could be some cot quilts........and maybe another lap quilt perhaps.
Certainly makes me realise that I really need to work on completing a quilt within the year I start it before my tastes change!


Ciao, 

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. I'm sure your aunty will love it! Great bandana bibs too. Where were you 20 years ago, when my son needed these?

    ReplyDelete