Friday, October 22, 2010

Jeusshed up outfit for Breast Cancer Awareness walk

This month being Breast Cancer awareness month I headed over to take part in the local walk in Tauranga. 
Boy has it grown since the first one I took part in! Talk about pink - there was a great effort by ladies (and the odd man) to get into the theme, so I was pleased I had taken some time to take these raw materials
Do some fancy shmancy sewing and tweaking and da-da-da-dahhhh
The tops (cos I had one for myself and one for Tanya) were nice and long so figured we would wear them over a black t-shirt and black leggings. And to accesorise the multipurpose headband/neckband/wristband.
I loved the silky flowers with the addition of the blingy centre thingy - see
They just added a bit of sophistication to the look:)
Thought that was it but at the last minute I decided that maybe a skirt might be an idea....just to cover those wee flabby bits (or should I say butts). So quick whizz on the machine produced these
The wonder of crepe paper.
Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera with me so no photo of the full effect but we looked fab. And great to have been part of this cause, which we all can identify with.


Been a busy week in the non-sewing creating arena designing,making and sending out invites for the great 71st birthday - Vinces 50th and Sams 21st. Here's the invite I came up with on the theme "Born to Be Wild"
Not quite as funky as I would've liked to have done but with a tight timeframe it was a  matter of getting it done!!!
Yesterday I finally was able to get to some sewing creating - yay - so hopefully will be able to share photos of that tomorrow.
Ciao, 

1 comment: